6.14.2007

Project Epoxy Garage

Posted by web ninja

I've always wanted to have a super clean and organized garage. A place that you could hang out in and work on your car or project. Maybe have some music and a ping pong table in there. Well here is phase 1, The Floor.

After much research I concluded that epoxy was the best product to use within my budget. I ordered my kit from Epoxy Coat, but I went a little crazy with the flakes. The flakes or chips give the floor a stone or textured finish while adding a bit of color. The normal kit comes with 1lb of flakes, I used 7lbs and half were metallic. I ordered most of the flakes from http://www.floorchips.com.

TIME: 3 days, 2 to clean and prep, 1 to apply
COST: $280 Epoxy + $10 caulk + $60 Flakes = ~$350
LESSONS LEARNED: Don't put on too much flake, for a two car garage 5lbs would have been fine.
THANKS: Big thanks to Mack who helped me during the epoxy process



After cleaning and scrubbing


Ready for the Acid


After acid etching and caulking cracks and edges


Tah Da!


Show shine


Got Flake? (ok so I put too much on in some areas)

2 comments:

Xopher Lance said...

It looks good. It would make a cool interior floor surface for an industrial loft, too. My floor is polished concrete but it's a bitch to clean because it's got pocks and scars in it. Praise be to Roomba.

danielito said...

Show floor, good idea. Do you actually pay mack and gabe or do they work for food?