6.14.2007

Project Bedroom Closet

Posted by web ninja

So the master bedroom in the white house or WH (that'll be the name for my current home) had mirrored closet doors. Um, ya, no it's not the 80s. So I promptly removed those closet doors, but what to put in their place. I started dreaming of modern wood or metal paneled wardrobes until I realized that the ones I liked were over $1000.
Since the master bedroom isn't that large and I had a bunch of Ikea furniture in it making it smaller I decided to move all the furniture into the closet and then buy panels or drapes to cover the closet openings.

TIME: 2 weeks because I was lazy, but probably could be done in 1-2 days
COST: $150 for the Ikea panels
LESSONS LEARNED: It's hard to beat Ikea for style to price ration
THANKS: Big thanks to Mack and Gabe who moved all the furniture and removed the mirrored doors


Before (sorry no pics of the mirrored doors)


After shoving all the furniture into the closet


Trimming the Ikea panels


Looking good


What a lucky match for the wall color (not planned)


All 4 panels slide to the center for access

2 comments:

Xopher Lance said...

Viva kvartal and anno sanela! Believe it or not I have the same panels and rails in my loft, separating the living area from the bedroom. Great minds and all, you know...I have to say that although some Ikea furniture doesn't last very long, for the most part it allows the common man to afford well-designed furnishings, fulfilling a long-held dream of Frank Lloyd Wright to permit even the hoi polloi access to good architecture, design, and art. I'm all for Ikea.

Xopher Lance said...

yo, stabilize that crossbar! brace up the center! batten down the hatches! the clothes in the middle are going to be crushed!