5.03.2009

Kings of Leon - Only by the Night

Posted by web ninja


Heard Sex is on Fire on the radio and had no idea who it was by.  Truth be told, I have heard of the Kings of Leon, but never really listened to any of their songs specifically.  The single, and the interesting article in RS discussing the brother's Pentecostal upbringing and some of their adventures piqued my curiosity.  I've been listening to Only by the Night for a few days and it's good.  Solid old school rock with a hint of southern rock, sort of reminds me of Pearl Jam at some moments, or maybe mid-career U2, Bruce Springsteen maybe?  They have a simple, natural, rich tone that is welcomed amongst all the Auto-Tune drenched music that is the norm nowadays.

I like Closer, Crawl, Sex on Fire, Be Somebody, Cold Desert

Listen to Samples
http://www.amazon.com/Only-By-The-Night/dp/B001FXCE46/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?ie=UTF8&qid=1241397210&sr=8-1

Posted via email from web's posterous

0 comments: