12.17.2009

Back to the Roots

Posted by web ninja

So there is only so much time and so much effort I can put into blogging.  And there are so many better blogs out there, I will no longer post my random musings or technology reviews.  Instead I will go back to the root of this blog, junky quirky cars.  I might expand that to just interesting cars, so many of which are lining the streets of LA.  There isn't a day that goes by that I see one desired car from my youthful lists of wanted cars.  I will try to photograph and document these Mashmandalis.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What is a Mashmandali

Many of you might wonder what a Mashmandali is? Well first off I am probably misspelling the word. It is a Farsi word that describes a car that is falling a part and has lots of stuff hanging off it. A beater would be a close English translation.
My dad use to use that word when we were young and my brothers and I always thought it sounded like a car manufacturer. The mashmandali 500RS. Sounds good. Probably because it ends in an "i" like Ferrari or Lamborghini.
I hope this page becomes a collection of random thoughts, ideas, blurbs, imagery or whatever comes to mind, much like a beater that has lots of mismatched parts, but you end up loving despite it's junkyness.

Posted via email from webninja's post(erou)s

0 comments: