4.26.2009

Wandering Around Chicago

Posted by web ninja


I was going to take a architectural river boat tour on Saturday, but due to the rain it was canceled.  I'm going to try to go today, but it's still raining so the chances are low that it will happen.  The strange part of walking around The Loop, Michigan Avenue and River North was the radical temperature changes.  On Friday, when I went to the Hancock tower it was around 80 during the day and 70 at night.  A very Virginia feeling day due to the high humidity, but still very pleasant.  Saturday was suppose to be similar to Friday for temperature, but when I started walking at Navy Pier where the river tour was to take place it was freezing  and drizzling (felt like 45), much to the dismay of the numerous tourists wearing tshirts and shorts.  But walking towards the city, away from Lake Michigan the temps felt like they were increasing 10 degrees every block.
I wandered around and tried to make it to the Museum of Contemporary Arts, which closes at 5pm, but due to the off and on downpours I spent too much time ducking out in the ledges of buildings and too little time progressing towards the museum, so I arrived at 5:05pm.  Maybe today I'll have better luck!

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from web's posterous

1 comments:

Xopher Lance said...

Why is the photo of you stretched? Or are you just fatter in Chicago? I want to know why you have no pics of the Bean!